Acne & Blemish Prone Skin
Acne is a skin condition that occurs mainly during puberty. Pimples form when your pores become clogged by sebum, dirt and dead skin cells. The oil that normally lubricates the skin gets trapped in blocked oil ducts and results in pimples, blackheads and whiteheads on the surface of the skin or deeper skin lesions called cysts. Acne pimples are most common on the face, however can also occur on the neck, back and arms. Often acne is genetic.
What causes Acne?
- Makeup, hair and face care products can clog your pores. Choose products that are non-comedogenic (meaning they will not clog pores)
- Things that press against your skin can make acne worse, like a phone, sports equipment (such as pads and helmet), headbands and tight clothing.
- Washing your face too often or using harsh or scrubbing products (like facial scrubs, exfoliators, masks, toners) can strip your skin and make acne worse. While it is important to remove excess oil, dirt and bacteria, it is very important to use an appropriate cleanser.
What are the Symptoms of Acne?
- Pimples are small skin swellings that sometimes contain pus.
- Blackheads are dark formations on the skin due to an accumulated mixture of oil and cells in a blocked skin pore.
- Whiteheads are small flesh-or white-colored bumps due to skin pore blockage.
- Cysts are closed sacs beneath the skin or deeper that contain fluid or semisolid substance
All products in this section are suitable for Acne & Blemish Prone Skin